Who is the professional language course for?
Vocational language courses in accordance with section 45 a of the Residence Act (DeuFöV) are designed to prepare you for entering the job market. If you are looking for a job and want to improve your German language skills, if you want to have your foreign vocational qualification recognised or if you want to apply for an apprenticeship, you would benefit from a vocational language course.
Vocational language courses are available at the target levels A2, B1, B2 and C1. Depending on the target level, the courses comprise 400 to 500 lessons of 45 minutes each. All vocational language courses are concluded with a certificate examination, in the case of B2 and C1 courses the "Deutsch-Test für den Beruf" (DTB). The BSB Erwachsenenbildung GmbH will be running vocational language courses with the target levels B2 and C1 from February 2023 onwards.
|Special course A2, B1||400 lessons (à 45 Min.)||15 - 25 lessons per week|
|B2 with bridge element||500 lessons (à 45 Min.)||15 - 25 lessons per week|
|B2, C1||400 lessons (à 45 Min.)||15 - 25 lessons per week|
- Participation in a professional language course is generally free of charge.
- A contribution to costs may be charged for an annual income of €20,000 or more.
- The BSB provides all learning materials, including textbooks, free of charge to all participants.
- Reimbursement or subsidy possible! We will help you and make necessary applications for you.
Do you still have questions? Or do you need help choosing the right course? We will help you, by phone, by e-mail or via our contact form.
You can participate in a B2 vocational language course if you have received the Integration Course Certificate. With the certificate, you can receive a participation permission from the JobCenter or the Employment Agency (Agentur für Arbeit) if you are
- registered as a seeker for vocational training, a job seeker or unemployed
- in a training or further education measure
- receiving benefits under Book Two of the Social Code (Bürgergeld).
- are in employment,
- need a certain language level to accompany the recognition of your foreign vocational qualification or the granting of a professional permit,
- are undergoing vocational training or preparing for vocational training
- or are a parent with a residence permit according to § 45a paragraph 2 sentence 3 no. 2 AufenthG in conjunction with § 11 paragraph 4 sentences 2 and 3 SGB XII
you can obtain an entitlement document to attend vocational language courses from the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees. We will make the application for you!
Professional language courses are free of charge. A travel allowance is possible. If you earn more than 20,000 € per year, you must pay half of the course fees. Currently, the valid cost contribution rate is 2.42 € per lesson, i.e. 968 € for a course with 400 teaching hours. 484 € can be refunded after successfully passing the course. Books are always provided free of charge.